In 1947 the UCCD (Unione Cooperativa Coltivatori Diretti) was born. We lived in a context of great economic and social difficulties where the “courage” and the audacity of twenty-four olive growers brought the drafting of the first deed of incorporation and the statute into the notary’s house of the city of Spello.
The first registered office was in Spello in Via Due Ponti (Palazzo Cruciani), while the olive oil season took place in a mill rented by the cooperative, located in Capodacqua di Assisi.
The concern of being able to have more adequate facilities has prompted the company’s directors to rent the “mill” of Tili Domenico, located in Spello and therefore closer to the needs of olive growers, for the second olive oil season.
In 1950 the premises of the Cruciali mill were rented in Via dei Molini in Spello, planting new machinery of the historic oil company “Rapanelli Fioravante” of Foligno, and proceeded to the final return of the mill Tili, given that the owner had opposed an increase in production capacity.
Since then, for the first twenty years the corporate and operational headquarters will remain in Via dei Molini, a transformation structure among the largest and oldest in the city, perched up towards Mount Subasio, and supplied with water for the driving force of the municipal aqueduct, that from the mountain supplied the city.
Since 1972, when the current social and operational headquarters of the Spello Frantoio uccd are visible, the building has undergone technical upgrades and extensions.